2.08.2012

Beach Chilling


On a recent trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, I sported this vintage-inspired outfit for a day of chilling at our pool and going down to the beach.  I’m wearing a black, sheer, cropped blouse from American Apparel half tucked into a pair of floral Zac Posen for Target high-waisted shorts.  I paired this look with fringe Sam Edelman sandals that have turquoise and snakeskin accents and a vintage, woven bucket bag.  I am also rocking my typical “top knot” bun, and vintage, round wire sunglasses.  My usual “look” always combines vintage items with modern items, and frequently contains minimal color.  However, in this case, I decided to brighten up my outfit to match my beach-y surroundings.  This outfit displays my personality by putting a hippie like, fun twist on a what could be “edgier” look.  I believe fashion is a way of expressing who you are, and given that I am somewhat soft spoken, I like my outfits to speak for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment